Located within the inner city, near the Rajmahal, the Choubisi temple is another attraction for the Jain pilgrims who visit Chanderi. Built in 1836, the temple is not as old as some of the other Jain pilgrimage sites in the vicinity, yet its fame is enough to attract tens of thousands of pilgrims every year. The temple is in two parts. The first part is ancient with a large domed roof which has the symbols of all 24 Tirthankaras rendered upon its inside. This part also houses a giant statue of Bahuvali.
The second part houses large statues of the 24 Tirthankaras, each carved from a specifically coloured stone as according to the Jain belief system, each Tirthankara was born a particular colour. Written on a wall inside the temple is the couplet:
Do gore, do sanwale,
do hariyal, do laal.
solaha kanchana varna hain
tihun bandon, tihun kaal
That is, two are fair, two are black, two are green and two are red. Sixteen are gold, who we will worship for all three aeons.
The temple also has a large collection of Jain manuscripts palm leaf manuscripts written in Sanskrit. The temple was constructed by the then landlord Choudury Lala Savai Singh Hridayshah.