This monument, built in 1642 commemorates the Bundela Maharaja Bharat Shah and marks the spot where he was cremated. Built near the Parmeshwar Pond, the structure is octagonal in plan with sandstone walls crowned by a dome. Essentially of just one storey, the eaves on the outside are designed to make it appear double storeyed. Each alternate face of the second storey is relieved by a projecting balcony.
The highest of all Bundela cenotaphs and with the largest dome, the chhatri is in need of crucial restoration work.