Set in the midst of the the Vindhyachal hill ranges, the Singhpur Palace is located at a distance of 4 kilometres from Chanderi. This three-storeyed structure was built under the orders of Devi Singh Bundela in the year 1656 and served as a hunting rest house. Near the palace is a pond which was built by Malik Haiwat Nizam in 1433 during the reign of Hoshung Shah Ghori. Thick forest and the nearby lake make it an ideal place of retreat.
This simple yet imposing building, located on the Isagarh road at a distance of 4 kilometres from Chanderi… [more]
Shehzadi Ka Rauza
This elegant structure, built on a 12 feet high platform, stands near the Parmeshwar Pond. On the outside… [more]
Ramnagar Palace and Museum
The road through the Kati Ghati gate leads up to the Ramnagar Palace which is also a museum maintained… [more]
Built in 1450 under the aegis of Mahmood Khilji I of the Malwa Sultanate, this elegant structure is actually… [more]
Kati Ghati Gateway
This heraldic structure, cut entirely out of living rock, is situated on the southern edge of Chanderi,… [more]
Located 3 kilometres away from the village of Behti, which in turn is 20 kilometres south-east of Chanderi, … [more]
Nanuan Rock Paintings
Near the village of Nanaun, along the river Urr (Urvashi), can be found the earliest imprints of human… [more]
This mosque, situated a short distance from the main town, was built in AD 1495 by the Governor Sher… [more]
About 2 kilometres south of town, on the Ramnagar road is the Khandargiri temple complex which is a popular… [more]
Badal Mahal Darwaza
This structure, the most eminent among all monuments in Chanderi, is situated at the southern end of… [more]
Set in the midst of the the Vindhyachal hill ranges, the Singhpur Palace is located at a distance of… [more]
The Kirti Durg was first constructed by the 11th century Pratihara king Kirti Pal and is named after… [more]
The Jama Masjid, with a capacity of holding over 2000 persons at the time of prayer, is the largest and… [more]
The founding of this temple is interlinked with the lore of founding of modern Chanderi, when the Pratihara… [more]
Nizamuddin Family Tombs
Approached by the Chanderi Mongawali road, situated near the Jama Masjid, in the Andar Shehar or Inner… [more]
The Kirti Durg was first constructed by the 11th century Pratihara king Kirti Pal and is named after him. The structure we see today is not the original fort, it has been rebuilt several times and added to by subsequent rulers like the Mahmood Khilji, Durjan Singh Bundela and others. Built on the highest point of the Chandragiri Hill, the fort is a characteristic sight in Chanderi and is visible from virtually every point in the town and beyond.
The Jama Masjid, with a capacity of holding over 2000 persons at the time of prayer, is the largest and the oldest mosque in Chanderi and possibly all of Bundelkhand. The foundations of this impressive monument were laid when Chanderi came under the control of the Delhi Sultanate following the taking of the city by Ghyasuddin Balban.
The founding of this temple is interlinked with the lore of founding of modern Chanderi, when the Pratihara king Kirtipal is said to have witnessed the Miracle of Water. Although no inscription has been found to corroborate the date of its foundation, certain elements of the temple appear to belong to the 11th and possibly earlier centuries.
Approached by the Chanderi Mongawali road, situated near the Jama Masjid, in the Andar Shehar or Inner City, this site is under the protection of the Archaeological Survey of India. Although the tombs are referred to as those of the family members of Hazrat Nizamuddin, more accurately these belong to the followers of the Chishtia Nizamia sect.